Boasting a vibrant arts scene, sandwiched between the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains and Asheville NC, Black Mountain is an inviting destination with enough outdoor activities to keep your heart soaring. From art galleries that shimmer in its walkable downtown area to eateries serving up local delights – this charming town offers something for everyone! Follow our itinerary for a perfect getaway full of exploration, adventure, and culinary experiences unique only to “The Little Town That Rocks!” This article entails the things to do in fall in black mountain nc.
Fall is the perfect time to explore this mountain town’s unique mix of tranquility and adventure. Inviting rocking chairs line the sidewalks, providing an ideal spot to take in idyllic surroundings for visitors and locals alike. An unforgettable stay awaits you! Whether romantic getaways or thrilling outdoor activities, it has something to offer. Our guide can help craft your ultimate autumnal experience at this picturesque destination.
For him…Hit The Golf Ball Or The Trails
The Black Mountain Golf Course is the perfect destination for those seeking a golf getaway in the mountains. Designed by legendary Donald Ross, this course boasts incredible mountain views and just may leave you with some lasting memories; especially if you happen to beat their world record-holding longest hole! If that’s not enough reason to visit, don’t forget Asheville’s nearby trails like Catawba Falls Trail or Bearwallow Trail – providing an even more immersive experience when visiting these majestic peaks.
Downtown Black Mountain Is So Cute!
Start your day off in downtown Blue Ridge with a smile, Southern hospitality, and an unforgettable breakfast at the renowned Blue Ridge Biscuit Company. Whether you prefer sweet or savory flavors to fuel your morning, their classic biscuits will leave you wanting more! After shopping along Cherry Street, stop by Black Mountain Kitchen & Ale House for lunch. Enjoy the vintage charm and choose from 19 craft beers on tap.
Looking for a unique dining experience? Try My Father’s Pizza, a family-owned pizzeria pleasing locals since the 90s. Don’t settle for the ordinary! Savor fresh, delicious pizzas, pasta, and cozy soups at our restaurant. Moreover, pair with an exclusive wine selection and relax for an enjoyable evening meal.
A Unique Place To Stay
From Ernest Hemingway to Helen Keller, many have been enchanted by the timeless beauty and hospitality of Black Mountain. Experience a trip back in time at Black Mountain Inn or enter a new era at Monte Vista Hotel. This small-town utopia is perfect for any city-dweller ready to escape. Enjoy breathtaking front porch views, delightful Southern cuisine, and peaceful strolls through history when visiting this quaint North Carolina destination. Come explore what makes Black Mountain so special today!
Our Top 10 Things To Do in Fall in Black Mountain NC Include:
- Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, which passes through the area and offers stunning views of the mountains.
- Hike to the top of Lookout Mountain, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Explore the charming downtown area, which features unique shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
- Visit the historic Monte Vista Hotel, which was built in 1919 and has hosted several notable guests over the years.
- Take a tour of the historic Swannanoa Valley Museum and learn about the area’s rich history.
- Enjoy a picnic or go fishing at Lake Tomahawk, a scenic lake located in the heart of town.
- Take a scenic train ride on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, which departs from nearby Bryson City.
- Visit the Pisgah National Forest, which offers miles of hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic drives.
- Explore the local arts scene at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts, which features exhibits, classes, and performances.
- Take a yoga class or indulge in a spa treatment at one of the area’s many wellness centers, such as the Art of Living Retreat Center or the Black Mountain Yoga Studio.