If you’re a foodie or food enthusiast, you’ll know that Pinehurst is one of the best places to find amazing restaurants. From casual eateries to fine dining establishments, this town has something for everyone. We’ll look at some of the best downtown Pinehurst restaurants to visit on your stay in the Sandhills, and what makes them so special.
So whether you’re visiting Pinehurst for the first time or you’re a local looking for somewhere new to eat, be sure to check out these restaurants!
Best Places To Eat In Pinehurst
The Carolina Dining Room
For Pinehurst fine dining, go with The Carolina Dining Room. One of our favorite downtown Pinehurst restaurants is located inside the historic Carolina Hotel and features a menu full of Southern classics with a modern twist. Their specialty is definitely the she-crab soup, shrimp and grits, or the Piedmontese strip steak. Fortunately, the restaurant also serves wine and beer with all of their meals.
- Highlights: The CDR Signature Cocktail “The Strong Finish” made with Four Roses Bourbon, Licor 43 and Kahlua.
- What To Order When You Go: Oysters Pinehurst to start and Steak Diane as the entree!
- Location: 80 Carolina Vista Dr, Pinehurst
Elliotts On Linden
Elliotts on Linden is one of the best places to eat in Pinehurst. They have unique takes on classic dishes like chicken and waffles, burgers, and salads. For breakfast, try the beignets or the chicken biscuit. The lunch menu features sandwiches and wraps, and the dinner menu has more entrees like shrimp and grits, fish tacos, and quinoa salad.
- Highlights: Duck Egg Poutine
- What To Order When You Go: Lamb Wellington or, likely the most popular item on the menu, Stuffed Chicken and Waffles.
- Location: 905 Linden Rd A, Pinehurst
The Ironwood Cafe is a quaint little cafe located in the heart of downtown Pinehurst. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner with an ever-changing menu that features seasonal and local ingredients. The cafe is known for its Certified PRIME Angus Beef burgers, but they also have sandwiches, wraps, salads, and soups. The versatility they offer is what makes them one of the best restaurants in Pinehurst North Carolina.
- Highlights: Sunday Brunch on the patio! If the weather permits, you’ll definitely want to sit outside.
- What To Order When You Go: You can’t go wrong with their classic filet mignon.
- Location: 2176 Midland Rd, Pinehurst
Drum & Quill
The Drum & Quill is a British pub located in the Carolina Hotel. They have a great selection of beers on tap. But that’s not all; this place serves a fine dining Pinehurst NC experience with a full menu of pub favorites like fish and chips, bangers and mash, and Shepherd’s pie. They also have a few American dishes like burgers and chicken wings. Lastly, if you’re looking for the best breakfast in Pinehurst, this is the place.
- Highlights: Southern Pine’s own Misty Haze IPA on draft!
- What To Order When You Go: The most southern burger we could find: the Pimento Fried Green Burger. Pimento cheese, fried green tomato, need we say more?
- Location: 40 Chinquapin Rd, Pinehurst
Mr. B’s Pub
Such a great place to unwind after a round of golf. This place is a legendary hang out spot and has been for years. But it also has great food. From their mouth-watering burgers to their signature cocktails, there is something here for everyone. The atmosphere at Mr. B’s is always festive and inviting — you can relax by the fireplace with friends or enjoy some live music on a Friday night. Whether you’re stopping in for a bite to eat or a few drinks with friends, Mr. B’s Pub Pinehurst is the perfect place to make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Highlights: The sweet potato fries are the best appetizer.
- What To Order When You Go: Can’t go wrong with the Classic Cheese Steak or Grouper Bites.
- Location: 50 Dogwood Rd, Pinehurst
The Village Ristorante is an authentic Italian restaurant located in the Pinehurst Resort. They have a variety of pasta dishes, as well as meat and seafood entrees. The restaurant is known for the best pizza in Pinehurst, especially their wood-fired pizzas, which are made with fresh ingredients and a house-made dough. They also have a good selection of wine and beer.
- Highlights: All pastas are made in house daily, and every wine is carefully selected. You must order an Italian bottle!
- What To Order When You Go: Brasato Di Agnello for an entree, and Ravioli del Giorno! The flavor of the ravioli changes daily, but we promise there is never a bad option.
- Location: 65 Magnolia Road, Pinehurst
Enjoy spectacular views of the iconic 18th hole at Pinehurst #2 from one of the best downtown Pinehurst restaurants! Savor creative cocktails and North Carolina brews, as well as delicious pub fare as you relax in this stylish setting dubbed “the best 19th hole around.”
- Highlights: Golfers On The Run Buffet! What’s better than all you can eat after a day on the greens?
- What To Order When You Go: You have to start with the Tater Man Tots and then the Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tacos.
- Location: 1 Carolina Vista Dr, Pinehurst
Table On The Green
Table on the Green is a casual dining restaurant located inside the Pinehurst Resort. They serve scrumptious seafood like shrimp, lobster, and crab legs. For land lovers, they also have chicken, steak, and burgers. The restaurant has a beautiful outdoor patio that overlooks the golf course.
- Highlights: The best lunch special in Pinehurst! Sandwich/salad combo or the Thai lunch special.
- What To Order When You Go: If you love Thai food, you have to get the Chicken Pad Cashew.
- Location: 2205 Midland Rd, Pinehurst
The 1895 Grille is a casual spot for American fare. They have all of the classics like beef, lamb dessert, and seafood. The restaurant is located in the historic Holly Inn and has a beautiful outdoor patio, perfect for enjoying the weather.
- Highlights: The Triple Chocolate Soufflé is a must for dessert!
- What To Order When You Go: You can’t go wrong with the souther classic, Chipotle Jumbo Shrimp and Grits, but if you want something unique try the Curry Lamb Rack.
- Location: 155 Cherokee Rd, Pinehurst
Pinehurst Brewing Company
The Pinehurst Brewing Company is the perfect spot for beer lovers. The cream ale with a hint of ginger is their specialty, but they also have a rotating selection of beers on tap and a full menu of food. Speaking of food, their barbeque is to die for. The pulled pork, ribs, and chicken are all smoked in-house.
- Highlights: Oh my! The Barbecue!
- What To Order When You Go: Start with the fried cheese curd with okra and pickles, try a little bit of everything with the Smokehouse Sampler. If you want to opt out of barbecue highly recommend the Pinehurst Strong Pizza. Go with a nice refreshing 1895 Lager to wash it all down.
- Location: 300 Magnolia Rd, Pinehurst
Vito’s Pizzeria of Pinehurst
Vito’s Pizzeria is a casual Italian restaurant located in the Pinehurst Resort. They serve Eggplant Parmigiana, Chicken Parmigiana, Cheese Ravioli, Penne Primavera, and Spaghetti with Meatballs. You can also get a slice of their hand-tossed New York style pizza. The restaurant is family-friendly and has a casual atmosphere.
- Highlights: If you aren’t a pizza person, you have to go for one of the subs. Our favorite? The Chicken Cutlet Sub!
- What To Order When You Go: The Vito’s Special pizza or a make-you-own Calzone. You will not leave here hungry!
- Location: 1680 NC-5, Pinehurst
Lisi Italian is an authentic Italian restaurant located in the Pinehurst Resort. They have a variety of pasta dishes, as well as meat and seafood entrees. The restaurant is known for their Classic chicken soup with tiny pasta pecorino cheese. They also have a good selection of wine and beer.
- Highlights: Lisi is simple, genuinely good Italian food. The wine list is constantly rotating, but everything goes with the Fried Meatballs!
- What To Order When You Go: After you have the Fried Meatballs for an app, go for the Rigatoni Bolognese and finish with a cannoli (or two).
- Location: 90 Cherokee Rd #1, Pinehurst
So Many Restaurant Choices In Pinehurst
Searching for downtown Pinehurst restaurants Pinehurst is an ideal destination for foodies and anyone who loves good food. From upscale dining to casual fare, you’ll love every bite of it. And with so many great restaurants to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for any occasion. So whether you’re looking for a romantic night out or a family-friendly meal, make sure to check out the best restaurants in Pinehurst, North Carolina.